Friday, May 25, 2012

CPD23: Thing 4 - Current Awareness - Twitter, RSS and Storify


Week 3 - CPD23
Thing 4: Current Awareness - Twitter, RSS and Storify

I know I am a bit behind schedule but I am sure to catch up in the next week.

As for the CPD23: Thing 4 on current awareness, as I had mentioned in my earlier post, I have maintained two separate accounts on Facebook – one is my personal and the other is SFIT Library. I am keener on keeping active my professional account – SFIT Library as it seems to be the order of the day. Unfortunately, I have been able to gather only 5 people. Just hope I will learn the marketing tactics through the CPD23 course as I proceed!

Twitter: To be unpleasantly honest, I am a bit apprehensive about setting up a Twitter account and giving the usual updates about “every happening thing” around me. All the same, I know this is just one side of the coin and so I would set up a Twitter account for SFIT Library in the following days.

RSS: I have been using Google FeedBurner on my library blog.

Storify: Yet to learn how to use it advertently. Actually I am not able to draw the thin line between Facebook and Storify for giving updates to my library users. I can might as well link to the news-article or clipping from the my facebook account.
Hence, need to look into Storify a bit more scrupulously!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Say?..Note it down below.

Publishers and societies take action against Research Gate’s copyright infringements

Publishers and societies take action against Research Gate’s copyright infringements Following unsuccessful attempts to jointly find way...