Monday, May 7, 2012

CPD 23: Thing 1 - Blogs and Blogging


CPD23: Week 1

Thing 1 – Blogs and Blogging

The more I read about Librarians and the joy of “Librarianship” per se, the more I tend to glorify the need for reflective practice. So here goes me...
Image Courtesy: MS Office Images
I started my career in 2004 with St. Francis Institute of Technology, Mumbai after having done a Master’s in Library and Information Science from the coveted SHPT School of Library Science (SNDT Womens’University, Mumbai, Maharashtra – INDIA. My research interests include: Digital Preservation, Disaster Management in Libraries, Information Literacy and e-learning.

Thing 1 – I learnt about CPD23 from the Wiki Educator page of Dr. Indira Koneru – a very informed and tech-savvy librarian, I must admit!
I registered for the CPD23 online course in its second stint as I wish to learn how efficiently social media can be put to practice in academic libraries. I am happy since this is a self-paced course and as such does not pressurize me to meet the deadlines!
I already have a blog – SFIT Library Blog on which I blog fair enough and a Facebook presence too!  Off-late, I am working on implementing the e- submission of projects of B.E. students.

- Chinmayee Bhange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Say?..Note it down below.

Publishers and societies take action against Research Gate’s copyright infringements

Publishers and societies take action against Research Gate’s copyright infringements Following unsuccessful attempts to jointly find way...